Subject: saved replacement texts?

From: [email-masked] (Arnold Robbins)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 16:51:15 -0500

System V versions of ed have a saved replacement text, so that one
can do the following:

	/foo/s//bar/
	//s//%/		or in vi:    ://s

Where the `%' means the last replacement text I used.  Vi uses the `~' for
this purpose.  Is there anything analogous in sam for either the c or s
commands?

Is there a reason (other than minimalism for the sake of minimalism) that
there shouldn't be such a thing?  Am I missing something obvious, or even
something subtle that's not apparent from the command language tutorial?

Thanks,

Arnold

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 16:53:48 -0500

From:	[email-masked] (Arnold Robbins)
    Subject: saved replacement texts?

    	/foo/s//bar/
    	//s//%/		or in vi:    ://s

    Thanks,

    Arnold

use the mouse; in the case above, select and send in the command window.
is this difficult?