Subject: Re: (click) undo

From: Andrew Higham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 04:31:53 -0400

> I'm not sure what you mean by this - in my experience, undo is done in the
> following circumstances:
> 	- as part of a cmd-u-cmd-u sequence, as i try to get the cmd *just*
> 	right.
> 	- in a long sequence of u,u,u,u... as i decide that what i've done for
> 	the last ten minutes is the wrong tack
> 	- just once, because i'm forgotten to change the focus before typing.

I find cut-cut-"oh dear"-undo-undo quite common as well, which is when
undo on the menu would be useful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Higham

Edinburgh Portable Compilers, 17 Alva St., Edinburgh, EH2 4PH, Scotland, UK
[email-masked]        phone: +44 31 225 6262      fax: +44 31 225 6644
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 05:38:28 -0400

> > 	- just once, because i'm forgotten to change the focus before typing.

and you can do  each of a long sequence with a single mouse click
once you've selected the "u".

i must say that running sam under X11, i've found it much easier to use since:

a) using 9term - which means  i'm using the same input model most
   of the time when entering commands -  eg. previously i found it hard
   to get the hang of the `output point' in the sam command window, now it
   seems perfectly natural.

b) adding the patch which gives "mouse-to-type" - so it matches my window
manager and other windowing applications. previously i frequently
typed in the "wrong" window requiring a subsequent "undo".  i also now find
it less irksome going to the command window for a single command, 

	gerry

---
[email-masked]
Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Tel: +44 191 222 8139
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.             Fax: +44 191 222 8232