Subject: Thanks for menuhit advice

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 12:42:20 -0500

Thanks to all for the menuhit advice.  I just compiled it and it works
fine, even with samx2.  Since sam does such a good job of avoiding
arbitrary limits, I am glad not to be limited in the number of files I
can easily work with (yes I know I can always type "b filename").

Beirne
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Axel Belinfante <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 13:39:19 -0500

> can easily work with (yes I know I can always type "b filename").

Well, there _is_ a limit (or did i miss something???):

samterm/samterm.h:#define       MAXFILES        256

(which i found when i did something like 'sam */*.[ch]' - after sam panic-ed
 ("menuins"), i checked and found that i tried to load > 1000 files... :-)
That 'panic' surprised me a bit, though - i second above praise about
avoided arbitrary limits: i use to 'sam first, ask questions later'
(like: 'how many files i'm loading?') and it (almost :-) always works!!

Axel.

<[email-masked]>   tel. +31 53 893774   fax. +31 53 333815
     University of Twente, Tele-Informatics & Open Systems Group
       P.O. Box 217    NL-7500 AE Enschede      The Netherlands
     "ili ne sciis ke estas neebla do ili simple faris" -- Loesje