Subject: Re: yet another creeping feature suggestion

From: [email-masked] (Arnold Robbins)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 11:29:11 -0500

> What's wrong with opening up a separate window with your favourite Sam commands
> in and using snarf/paste to execute them in the command window?

Absolutely nothing.  I didn't think of it.  Of course, I didn't put a whole
lot of effort into it either. :-)

> Some of the samkeys patches also take care of parts of what you're after (at 
> least sending things to the command window).

I'll take a harder look at samkeys.  It seemed a little to bell&whistle for
me (personal opinion, no criticsms implied).  About all it has that I sort of
miss is auto-indent, and I find myself not missing it as much as I do in
vi.

Thanks all.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Fenelon)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 11:05:22 -0500

>The discussion about sam features and alternate samterms brings to mind
>the "feature" I'd really like to see in samterm, which is some way to
>add things to the button 3 menu.  In particular, I'd like to be able to
>add some way to send my own strings at the sam command window.  This comes
>up most often when I'm hacking text, and I'd love to be able to use a
>menu item to send ``|fmt'' at the command window.

pete
--
Peter Fenelon: Research Associate: High Integrity Systems Engineering Group, 
Dept of Computer Science, University of York, York, Y01 5DD +44/0 904 433388
Email:[email-masked] *There's no room for enigmas in built up areas