Subject: sam or tk bug?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 14:12:20 -0500

>
>I've started using sam on RS 6000's recently and have been getting
>the following error relatively often (3 times in the past two days):
>
>	Xlib:  sequence lost (0x10006 > 0xfcb) in reply type 0x0!
>	X Error of failed request:  0
>	  Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
>	  Serial number of failed request:  6
>	  Current serial number in output stream:  4043
>
>Then samterm exits.  Has anyone seen this before?

I used to get a lot of X errors like this in sam on the RS/6000, but I
don' anymore.  I never figured out for sure why, but I think getting
X11R5 helped me (we were on X11 R4 for a long time).  In any case, I
can't remember the last time it died on me.  It could be a sam version
issue too.  Unfortunately I don't know how to tell what version I have.  I 
think it is the one before the recent release, with the samx2 patches added
in.

Beirne

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Michael F. Ledwidge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 19:50:08 -0500

> think it is the one before the recent release, with the samx2 patches added
Where is the latest release kept? Our RS6000 binary has always being shaky
and it has a lot of trouble with
spurious control characters. Actually, just checking, we're still using
Version 3. Pointers please!

Thanx,
	.M.

***********************************************************************
 					Michael Ledwidge 
					National Library of Australia