Subject: NT4 Service Pack 6

From: "Michael D. Scheer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:16:49 -0500

I recently installed SP6.  Sam (seanq's july 1997 binaries) now hangs
on startup.  I'm thinking the service pack may be the cause.
Thoughts/experience?
--Mike Scheer

---

From: Alex Danilo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:06:16 -0500

>on startup.  I'm thinking the service pack may be the cause.

I have SP6 on NT4 installed and have never seen any problem with Sam.  It
works fine.  Naybe you should re-install it:-)

Alex
--
Alex Danilo <[email-masked]> http://www.ishtek.com/alex
PO Box 333 Forestville NSW 2087 +61-2-9975-2297

---

From: Ed Kubaitis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:33:49 -0500

> on startup.  I'm thinking the service pack may be the cause.

Absolutely no help for this problem but FWIW, we found SP6
problematic in a totally unrelated area: adherance to the Common
Gateway Interface specs in SP6 IIS. And advised departmental IIS
web server administrators to avoid SP6 for the time being. If
there's no pertinent help forthcoming from sam-fans, and you
don't absolutely require something in SP6, backing out of SP6
might be plan B. 

--------------------------
Ed Kubaitis - [email-masked]
CCSO - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign