Subject: Sam on alphas?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 03:55:09 -0400

Hi folks,

I've just started using sam on a DEC Alpha running OSF1/3.0.  I
grabbed the latest distrib from AT&T but unfortunately it crashes
periodically.  Before I attempt to track down the problem, is anyone
else using it successfully on this platform?

Also, can someone point me to the Sam extension patches?  I lost my
record of the site. 

Thanks in advance,
Tony Sloane

Tony Sloane			   [email-masked]
Department of Computer Science, James Cook University

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 19:12:50 -0400

Hi,

I guess it's bad form to answer my own mail, but oh well... 

> else using it successfully on this platform?

It turns out that the compile on OSF1/3.0 has a different set of
predefined processor symbols.  Hence the line in sam/sam.h that says:

#ifdef __alpha__

should be 

#if defined(__alpha__) || defined(__alpha)

With this change made I haven't had a crash.

> Also, can someone point me to the Sam extension patches?  I lost my

Still looking for these...

Cheers,
Tony