Subject: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations

From: "Mark C. Carroll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 11:15:59 -0500

Greetings!

I've just discovered Sam, and I'm rather intensely impressed by it. It
seems to be a really beautiful editor. I've got one question about it,
which I can't find an answer to in the manuals.

When you're typing text inside of the file window, is there any way to
perform any cursor movement without using the mouse? It seems that the
only options are to either reposition the cursor using the mouse, or
mouse into the command window, and use a positioning command from
there to shift. This is very cumbersome for routine editing tasks.

	<MC>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 17:31:56 -0500

From:	"Mark C. Carroll" <[email-masked]>
    Subject: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations

yes, there is a way to perform cursor movement without using the mouse.
use emacs.