Subject: An explanation of my last message

From: [email-masked] (Beirne Konarski)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 19:23:04 -0500

Thanks to those of you who replied to my message on why people like sam.  My
earlier sincere request wondering why people like sam did not generate clear
answers, so now that I am using it and am finding things about it that I like I
figured I would post my theory.  My view that users like solving regular
expression puzzles came from personal experience, and was not meant to start a
religious war.  I save those for Emacs users :-).  In any case, once I got
samx, which made simple tasks like going up a line easy from the keyboard, I
actually grew to like sam, although I could not explain why.  The puzzle theory
came out of the first concrete fun aspect of sam I discovered.

I do like one feature, its distributed nature, enough that I am working on an
equivalent of rsh for SNA so that I can use sam over our 9600 baud lines to
edit and view files on our remote systems around the country.

Beirne
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------