Subject: 9term & AIX

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 12:41:18 -0500

I ported 9term to AIX 3.2.5.  This is the third time I have tried it and I 
think I have it working well.  I have a few questions, though, to see if it
is working the way it should be:

Should the suspend (^z), interrupt(DEL or ^c) and other interrupt keys
do the usual UNIX things?  I am seeing them passed through to the shell
without having the intended effects of job control or program
termination.  If I do an rlogin to another machine, though, they work
fine.

How do I set the modes resource?  I found that I have to make sure I set 
icanon, which only occurs if I start a 9term under xterm.  If I start it under
9wm I get my prompt redrawn whenever I start a command and newlines don't 
work right.  I'm setting this for now in my $ENV file in ksh, but I would
like to put it in my resource file.  I tried things like this but they didn't
work:

9Term*p9TtyModes: icanon
9Term*ttyModes: icanon

One final unrelated question:  what is es?  I know about 9wm, sam, rc, and 
9term but don't know what es is.

Thanks,
Beirne

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------