Subject: Building sam

From: Andy Vick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 03:53:31 -0500

Has anyone out there built sam on a DEC Alpha ? 
Also, does anyone know how hard it would be to get samterm
running under MS-Windows using winsock ?
	Andy Vick.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy Vick,                                   E-mail: [email-masked]
Department of Physics,                          
University of Durham,                        Tel: 091-374-2000 (Switchboard) 
South Road,					  091-374-2105 (Direct)
DURHAM, DH1 3LE                              Fax: 091-374-3749
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (James Matthew Farrow)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1993 06:20:10 -0500

From:	Andy Vick <[email-masked]>
    Date:	Fri, 17 Dec 1993 03:53:31 -0500
    Subject: Building sam

I had a go.  A problem seems to be that sam & samterm pass around
identifiers for things and use the pointer to the object to do so.
They pass 4 bytes.  This is fine when pointers are 4 bytes but tends
to fall apart on the alpha.  I concluded this after an afternoon of
frustration trying to get 9term/sam compiled in our alpha environment
some time ago.  I would not bet on being right.  Someone please
correct me if I'm wrong.

					Matty.
--
James Matthew Farrow                    | "For in that moment I beheld the ruin
[email-masked]                       | of my existence.  My world fell dark
Basser Department of Computer Science   | and my life became a shallow dream.
Sydney University - FAX: +61 2 692 3838 | `Odi et amo. Excrucior.'" - Tlindah