Subject: setting x resources

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 05:13:57 -0500

this is a X question really, but sam's the application it applies most to.

running sam on solaris 2.3, whenever i run sam locally, the window's size
is defined by /usr/openwin/lib/app-defaults/Sam. fine. when i set DISPLAY
and run it remotely, it ignores such settings, and comes up full-size.
is there any way to persuade an X application to use the defaults from the
X server's machine?

steve

---

From: Peter Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:38:01 -0500

> is there any way to persuade an X application to use the defaults from the
The app-defaults stuff is used per client basis, i.e. when you start
a client, it will look at app-defaults for resource hints.   To have
uniform client resource whereever you log on, you need to load those
resource hints into Xserver, this can be done by using 'xrdb -merge Sam'.
look at xrdb man page for details.

	============================================================
        Peter Huang             HP Response Center Lab
        Phone: (415)691-3417    Email: [email-masked]
        100 Mayfield Avenue, MS 37MA, Moutain View, CA 94043
        ============================================================
       
DISCLAIMER: this message is the my personal opinion and does not
constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard.