Subject: Why people like sam

From: [email-masked] (Beirne Konarski)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 00:12:05 -0500

Well, I put out a message a month ago asking why people liked sam, since I
couldn't see any benefits to it.  No one told me why, but it was recommended
that I get some of the extension patches.  I installed samx-2, which made the
editor usable on a daily basis, and I think I now understand.  The key is that
sam is designed to be fun for programmers.  In this case the fun is having a
puzzle to solve every few minutes as you try to figure out how to achieve a
modification with regular expressions.  This is turning out to be more
interesting than a lot of my real work.  

Beirne
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Peter Collinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 06:31:17 -0500

Editors are a religious topic.

Whether you like them or not is probably irrational.