Subject: libutf-2.9 and ssam-1.8

From: Alistair Crooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 12:16:06 -0400

I've finally got around to doing some things that were on the back
burner - changes outlined below, but they're just bug fixes, with some
extra tests added for good measure.
 
The new versions have been uploaded to:
 
        http://www.westley.demon.co.uk/src/libutf-2.9.tar.gz
        http://www.westley.demon.co.uk/src/ssam-1.8.tar.gz
 
As usual, the correct way to install the software is as follows:
 
% tar xvzf libutf-2.9.tar.gz
% cd libutf-2.9
% ./configure
% make tst
% make install
% cd ..
% tar xvzf ssam-1.8.tar.gz
% cd ssam-1.8
% ./configure
% make tst
% make install
 
A list of the changes appears at the end of this mail.
 
This has been tested on UTS 4.3.2 (S390 mainframe), Solaris 2.4 (SS5),
and NetBSD/i386 1.2G.
 
Sorry about the bugs,
Alistair

ssam-1.8 changes
+ Alan Watson ([email-masked]) pointed out a bug whereby two
sequential commands cause changes to happen, and these changes cause
the carefully ordered stack to be unordered.  This only manifests
itself where more than one pass over the file takes place.  Added code
to sort the changes into `from' address order, and order on deletion
and insertion within that.
+ Added symbolic constants to the parse tables. This pushes column
indentation out a bit, at the expense of making things much more
understandable.
+ Byron Rakitzis ([email-masked]) pointed out an anomaly with sam,
whereby a nul-byte terminated expression was allowed in sam, but
produced an error in ssam.  Eventually found time to fix this. 
Removed UnterminatedArg error constant and message, and change tests
accordingly.

libutf-2.9 changes
+ zero-byte terminate the arrays we copy in utfcpy
+ sort out utf_snprintf so that stdargs are handled correctly - I
don't know if it's just gcc, but shorts and chars are put on the
stack as ints, so, when we pop them off the stack, pop them off as
ints.