Subject: 9term & rlogin

From: Alan Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:43:44 -0500

I've just compiled 9term v1.6.6 on a DEC Alpha OSF/1 v3.2.  I used a
Makefile identical Makefile.matty.alpha with the exception of BINDIR.

I can't seem to get rlogin to work with it.  The rc on the remote
machine runs .rcrc, spits out a prompt, and then the connection gets
closed.  rlogin works fine from an xterm and telnet works fine from
both an xterm and a 9term.  The behaviour is the same connecting to
both OSF/1 and Solaris machines.

Bright ideas, anyone?

Alan

---

From: Peter Seebach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 00:02:21 -0500

Hmm.  That's better than I got; on SunOS 4.1.3, I couldn't even get
it to run consistently.  (Although I've since found that a lot of
libXg apps were failing because of bugs in my X server, and this may
apply to other stuff too.)

What's the canonical site to pick up new versions of all these things
from?

-s