Subject: Addendum to CJK 2.4 (!)

From: Werner Lemberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 18:53:59 -0500

I just have uploaded the newest version of CJK to ftp.tex.ac.uk .
It should be available soon in tex-archive/languages/chinese/CJK on all
CTAN hosts (ftp.dante.de, pip.shsu.edu, ftp.tex.ac.uk) and its mirrors.

In a separate posting you will find a complete description of CJK.

Happy TeXing!

    Werner

==============================================================================

Version 2.4:    new:
3-Jan-1995          UTF 8 (Unicode) scheme added.

                    option `unicode' to hbf2gf added: if `on', a two-digit
                      hexadecimal number will be used as a running number
                      starting with the value of the first byte of the first
                      code range.

                    Bg5conv.tex added: this is a small preprocessor which
                      converts Big 5 encoded characters `XY' into the form
                      `XZZZ.' . Now you can use Big 5 encoding without the
                      annoying Bg5text environment.
                      Auxiliary files: Bg5pp.enc, pmCsmpp.enc, and
                      bg5latex.bat .

                changed:
                    new versions of emx.exe, emx.dll (ver. 0.9a) and rsx.exe
                      (rel. 5)

                errors:
                    hbf2gf sometimes drew one pixel too much
                      (You Rey-Jer <[email-masked]>).

                    pmC encodings didn't work
                      (Zhang Zhengyou <[email-masked]>).

                    \CJK@charToHex and \CJK@numbToHex could erroneously change
                      page counter (Li Yu-Ray <[email-masked]>).