Subject: Re: sam + ptys, anyone?

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 11:41:24 -0500

i've often wondered about this, but the 'emacs-ism' of it all has put me
off. plus, of course, it would complicate sam no end, i suspect. i think
a better way to do it would be to just get Help (or whatever rob's latest
GUI was). Kind of layer shell, terminal driver, editor, window system and
sam system, so that it takes the capability into account, rather than it
being kludged in.

Of course, if you can do it in a 10-line patch, i'll use it. :-)

steve

---

From: Peter Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 12:14:30 -0500

> off. plus, of course, it would complicate sam no end, i suspect. i think
Did you look at samkey patch? I agree it is very hard to break out 
of 'emacs-ism'.  I'm using sam to write this mail, however, I patched
with samkey so I can bind ctrl-a to dotbol (for the simple
reason that I don't want to lift my hand off keyboard to use
the mouse to correct a mistake.)  I also have a emacs(lucid) running 
to do source code viewing.  I like sam a lot and use it everyday,
however, it is not a one for all editor.

	============================================================
	Peter Huang 		HP Response Center Lab
	Phone: (415)691-3417  	Email: [email-masked]
	100 Mayfield Avenue, MS 37MA, Mountain View, CA 94043
	============================================================