Subject: sam on Solaris

From: Alex Danilo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 07:13:14 -0500

Hi,
	Has anyone had success running Sam on Solaris.  I know there are 
Make.solaris files, and yes, the out of the box distribution compiles fine.
But, when you run it, it locks up the X-server.

	Note, that I've built the 'test' program in libXg, which runs fine,
but sam barfs the moment you try to use the menus.  All help appreciated.

Alex
P.S. Seems to lock up when processing the next X event.
--
Alex Danilo <[email-masked]> http://www.ishtek.com/alex
PO Box 333 Forestville NSW 2087 +61-2-9975-2297

---

From: "Mark H. Wilkinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:57:36 -0500

> but sam barfs the moment you try to use the menus.  All help appreciated.

Just a guess, but are you running on a 15bpp X server? libXg only supports
screens whose depth is a power of 2. Popping up a menu trys to create a
bitmap with depth 16 to store part of the screen bitmap; the X server
faults the request, causing sam to bomb out.

-Mark.