Subject: p9 or other on linux?

From: Mike Scheer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:42:36 -0500

I've been using win-based development tools for a couple of years, and
am now about to move onto my first  linux project.  This gives me the
opportunity to dust off sam , 9term, and 9wm.  Years ago, I had them
running on various unices, but I would like to get hold of existing
linux ports if possible.  URLs?  I haven't had much luck with google or
yahoo searches.  Thanks.

Incidentally, there appear no longer to be sam downloads on
bell-labs.com, other than as part of the plan9 distribution.  seanq's
win32 port is not to be seen.

--Mike Scheer

---

From: Mike Scheer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:56:33 -0500

Sorrry for the auto-followup, but [email-masked]
pointed out that sam is indeed still available in netlib.  I can only
say that the searches I had tried on bell-labs.com did not show sam.

--Mike Scheer

---

From: David L Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:16:43 -0500

> linux ports if possible.  URLs?  I haven't had much luck with google or

Try http://www.freshmeat.net. Also, http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist.

> win32 port is not to be seen.

I downloaded Sean's win32 port a few months ago. You can always send him email:
[email-masked].

	david

~~
David L Rubin <[email-masked]>   f/973.581.6665   v/973.386.8598   
Lucent Technologies, NJ0117 15G-117, 67 Whippany Rd, Whippany, NJ 07981
pub  key  fingerprint: 59E BC8E 79CB A6CB 4B57 A1B2 CDB0 2FD4 AADC 81AA
temporary voice mail: +34 91.807.1054

---

From: Scott Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:40:48 -0500

I'm worried about version skew.  The current Plan 9 version of sam uses
code from acme.  At least three people, including me, have done unix
ports.   Right now, I have no clue what version any particular archive
site will be handing out.  We really ought to converge on something.

---

From: Georg Bauhaus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:59:09 -0500

>   This gives me the
http://packages.debian.org/stable/editors/sam.html
http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/9wm.html
9term appears to have been withdrawn, because the
package is in need of a new maintainer:
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/work_needing.html,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=68295

Georg Bauhaus