Subject: hiding sam window

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 07:22:28 -0500

a word of warning for anyone using mark wilkinson's patch to add a "hide"
option to menu 3 - don't hide the sam window! having done this once
deliberately while editing lots of files, sam crashed *very* soon afterwards,
but that could have been just my bad luck. however, if you hide the sam
window, then reopen it, the menu2 is the same as for normal text files, and
sam isn't entirely clear about the output point.

the correct fix, of course, is to extend mark's patch to ignore closes on
the sam window, but right now i don't have the time to think about this.

cheers,

steve

---

From: "Mark H. Wilkinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 10:01:42 -0500

> option to menu 3 - don't hide the sam window!

Just to clarify, Steve's talking about a patch which never actually got
posted to this list. The hide option removed a window without removing
a file from sam's internal list; unfortunately sam and samterm disagree
about whether this is a good thing and a core dump can result. If anyone
else has a copy of the patch I'd recommend removing it for the time being.

-Mark.