Subject: Acme for X

From: Gary Capell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:59:21 -0400

Bill Trost and myself have written a lot of an Acme workalike
for X.  It's called wily.  It's not ready for general release,
but hackers can grab what's there and have a play.

Canned blurb follows:

What is Wily?

Wily is an program for Unix/X/C which attempts to provide
the functionality of Acme (http://plan9.att.com/plan9/doc/acme.html),
which is built on Plan9/Alef.  Acme/Wily provide an integrated
programming/editing environment which makes good use of a
3-button mouse, with several interesting features.

What state is it in?

Certainly far from plug'n'play.  A few people here (Basser) are
using it pretty heavily already, but there's still quite a lot of
work remaining.  Grab it if you want to have a look/play, but expect
(and please mail me) bugs.  Please mail me portability fixes (but
not problems).  It's being jointly written on a Solaris and a
FreeBSD machine.

Documentation?

Check out http://www.cs.su.oz.au/~gary/hobby/wily/auug.html

Where do you get it?

ftp://www.cs.su.oz.au/gary/wily.tgz	(tar'ed, gzip'ed file)