Subject: Sun type 4 keyboards, X11R6, and 9term

From: Chris Siebenmann <cks>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:36:06 -0400

I've recently had to move from a DEC LK201 keyboard to a Sun type 4
keyboard (on a Sparcstation 1+ running SunOS 4.1.4 and X11R6) and, while
it has some virtues, I can't get the damn PageUp and PageDown keys to
work in 9term (or sam, or xterm) -- which makes it much less nicer. Does
anyone have the magic xmodmap or whatever incantations necessary to get
them back?

 Many thanks in advance.

	- cks

---

From: Steve Kotsopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:55:35 -0400

We added the following to xdm/Xsession under X11R6:

#
xmodmap -e "keycode 27 = Up"
xmodmap -e "keycode 34 = Down"
xmodmap -e "keycode 31 = Left"
xmodmap -e "keycode 35 = Right"