Subject: samterm panic

From: "James A. Robinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:24:42 -0500

Cause some folks expressed an interest in when sam panics, I
was asked to make a note of it to this list. =)

I'm using the new sam with acme data structures, combined with the
old samterm. Every once in a while I get a panic. I never really
payed attention to if it was sam or samterm. =(

I just got a panic from samterm when I:

	opened a file locked by RCS
	made a change
	tried to save
	got permission denied
	in another window, checked out the file from RCS
	tried to save the file again

samterm spat out the following and dumped core

samterm: host mesg: count 24933 114x 101x 97x te "local_env"
...ignored
74 65 20 22 6c 6f 63 61 6c 5f 65 6e 76 22 a 6 2 samterm: host mesg: count 24933 114x 101x 97x te "local_env"
...ignored
74 65 20 22 6c 6f 63 61 6c 5f 65 6e 76 22 a 6 2 samterm: host mesg: count 24933 114x 101x 97x te "local_env"
...ignored
74 65 20 22 6c 6f 63 61 6c 5f 65 6e 76 22 a 6 2 samterm: host mesg: count 24933 114x 101x 97x te "local_env"
...ignored
74 65 20 22 6c 6f 63 61 6c 5f 65 6e 76 22 a 6 2 type 114 count 24933
samterm:panic: count>DATASIZE: Error 0

I can't reproduce the problem.  I took the exact same steps
as before, and sam properly warned me that I might be changing
an already altered file, and then let me save.

Jim