Subject: what patches do you find useful?

From: Castor Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 20:00:42 -0500

After upgrading to version 4.1 of sam from version3 + Ed Kubaitis'
patches, I've been thinking a little about what pieces of each I like
the best, or find the most useful.

The only change which I've bothered to make to sam version 4.1 is to
modify the title for the window to reflect the current file.  I find
this handy when working with two similar files.

The next  patch which I will probably  carry over is one which moves
the keystroke translation table into an X resource.  I find it gross to
have to recompile libXg and samterm to support additional characters.

Finally, a couple of questions about the design of sam.

1. How do you know the location of the  start of sam's command input
stream?

	I sometimes get myself confused when pasting together a
	command, and do a "send" on material which is part of a pending
	command, with unpredictable results.

	Do other people ever have this problem?  This could be easily
	fixed with a second cursor, at the sacrifice of some of sam's
	minimalism.

2. Any particular reasons for not having an "undo" menu item?  

	Maybe I make to many mistakes, but I find the undo sequence
	awkward if the ~~sam~~ window is not visible. 

	-castor