Subject: handlebar streamers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 23:14:27 -0500

Does anyone have a good idea as to how hard it would be to get sam/samterm
to change the icon name to the current file?  That way if I have several
samterms running (from, say, different machines) and hidden with 9wm, I can
tell by looking at the 9wm menu which one I want to restore.

Yet Another Random Thought,

Arnold

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 03:29:08 -0500

*What* is this subject about?

Arnold writes:
> to change the icon name to the current file? 

Hmm. Shouldn't be *too* difficult - if you want a *really* easy hack, put
a call to the icon-setting function in the menu-line creation function.
After all, it has to know the name and whether the file is current (ugh!).

> That way if I have several

Ah, in that case, there's a simpler way - you could do it from outside
sam. I don't mean having the icon name changed automatically, but you
could use 9term's "label" to change the icon name of samterm. If you
wanted, you could also have it send a "b" to sam's pipe. :-)

steve