Subject: tmpfs strikes again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 11:57:46 -0500

A new version of sam is available in dist/sam on
research.att.com.  It contains many bug fixes and
a new facility allowing commands to be injected into 
a running sam from an external source.

I trust the readers of this list will give it their
customary stress test and report anomalies to me.

Thanks to those of you who have contributed code
or testing to this release; I hope the acknowledgements
in the README file have not inadvertantly missed anyone.

---

From: Scott Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 15:22:42 -0500

The new pipe-to-sam feature is interesting.  Unfortunately users of
Byron Rakitzis' rc (yay!) who also use SunOS tmpfs (boo!) will revisit
the old tmpfs-fifo problem: fifo's don't always work in tmpfs
(depending on open mode or something) and that's where sam puts one.
As a workaround, the changes in samterm/unix.c to put the fifo in
/usr/tmp instead are obvious.