Subject: 9term and shells

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 10:39:29 -0500

Just out of curiosity, does everyone who uses 9term use either rc or es as
their shell, or do some people use the more baroque shells? It just seems
to me that 9term's mode of interaction would discourage people who liked
such shells...

steve

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 11:16:16 -0500

rc -- on the basis that it's the only shell I use in _any_ Unix environment
if at all possible!

The only other shell that would really make sense in a 9term would be the
Bourne shell; I can't see {t}csh, bash or [kz]sh being worthwhile under
9term as it doesn't provide the sort of terminal emulation they want for all
their fancy completion/editing facilities.

(incidentally, has anyone got a _good_ port of 9term to Linux? -- I did a
DIY one which gets very confused occasionally...)

pete