Subject: First character of selected space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 11:43:30 -0400

I have a set of C identifiers for which I would like to make the first
letter capital, through a pipe to tr.  The problem is selecting the
first character from the currently selected text, so I can pipe on it.
As an example, I want to take

id1, xl2,
rs4, a

and turn them into 

Id1, Il2,
Is4, A

Is there a way to select the first character of each identifier so I
can pipe it to tr "[a-z]" "[A-Z]"?

Thanks,

Beirne

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
[email-masked]            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 13:42:08 -0400

Boy, there's nothing like reading your own mail!  The example should show 

id1, xl2,
rs4, a

becoming

Id1, Xl2,
Rs4, A

rather than the meaningless set of values I used.

Sorry and Thanks,

Beirne