Subject: 9term and $DISPLAY

From: [email-masked] (Arnold D. Robbins)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 19:45:34 -0400

Should 9term be putting the current display (from -display) into
the environment?  I find it frustrating to start up a 9term from a remote
machine to my local one (I have scripts and stuff from 9menu to do it)
and have to set my DISPLAY each time so I can run sam or other things.

Any reason not to?  It seems that xterm does, for whatever that's worth.

Arnold

---

From: Scott Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 00:06:43 -0400

[email-masked] (Arnold D. Robbins) writes:
| Should 9term be putting the current display (from -display) into
| the environment?  I find it frustrating to start up a 9term from a remote
| machine to my local one (I have scripts and stuff from 9menu to do it)
| and have to set my DISPLAY each time so I can run sam or other things.
| 
| Any reason not to?  It seems that xterm does, for whatever that's worth.

It definately should.  I've been running with this (in display.c)
for a long time now:

	setenv("DISPLAY", XDisplayString(_dpy), 1);

I thought I sent out patches for that, but maybe I forgot.