Subject: sam on win32

From: [email-masked] (Michael D. Scheer)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:02:11 -0500

Is this list still active?  I haven't seen traffic in months, it
seems.

What is the current state of efforts to get sam onto win32?  seanq's
port does not seem to have been updated in a while.  Anybody tried the
X11 version over Korn's uwin or Cygnus's cygwin?

Thanks.

--Mike Scheer, [email-masked], 908-273-1885

---

From: Scott Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:54:59 -0500

[email-masked] (Michael D. Scheer) writes:
| Is this list still active?  I haven't seen traffic in months, it
| seems.

That's the benefit of ancient and stable software. :-)

---

From: Alex Danilo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:31:53 -0500

>X11 version over Korn's uwin or Cygnus's cygwin?

Yep - I had a bash at it, and it doesn't work very well.  The current uwin
stuff is a bit flaky as far as the X stuff goes.  However, both uwin and
cygnus blow up on the call to XtAppIinitialize in libXg/xtbinit.c.  I also
compiled up X11R6.4 and it did the same thing.

Given that you need to run an X-server to get that version to run anyway, I've
found it easier to just run an NFS server on the Winoze box, then run sam on
another UNIX box and edit that way.  Ugly, but it works.

Alex
P.S. I asked seanq if we could have the source of his port, but he won't
release it.
P.P.S. I bashed in the cursor keys, ctrl-x/c/v and Windows style delete key
if anyone wants those changes.
--
Alex Danilo <[email-masked]> http://www.ishtek.com/alex
PO Box 333 Forestville NSW 2087 +61-2-9975-2297