Subject: structural regexps just for searching

From: [email-masked] (Arnold D. Robbins)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 08:25:00 -0500

I want to look for function calls where there is a space after the function
name and before the left paren. But I like spaces between my keywords and
the right paren.  I try something like this in the command window:

	/[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/

This will find the next match, but the file window does not scroll to show . the
way it would for just a plain search.  Is there a way to get it to do this?
I'm a bit leary of just making a sweeping change

	, /[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/ s/ //

Although it would probably work ok.

Please reply by mail, my home address is not on the list.

Thanks,

Arnold

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 09:38:21 -0500

it's easy to get it to scroll to the next match.  follow the command
by an address, . :

	.

it's just like saying

	23

to have it show you line 23

-rob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 1994 09:17:26 -0500

> to have it show you line 23

This works, but suprisingly (to me, anyway), it does not wrap around
the file...

Arnold